Group Memebers: Jordan Tsvetanov, Boris Strahilov, Michael McClory, Kevin Tang, Yordan Machin, Andy Cervantes
Updated Layout of The Control Panel:
After collaborating with the group we decided to throw in our best ideas
from each of our initial designs. Based on those we came up with the following
- Color coded: adds ease of use at a glance without the need to look at the
interface for more than 5 seconds.
- Digital readouts: makes it simpler to find out the remaining
time and the current temperature setting rather than looking at the small,
fading print on the surface of the dials
- Added a set of increase/decrease buttons located right below their
respective timer portion (set for hour portion, set for minutes portion)
- Added icons above the control settings for the temperature and timer
to make it clear what their purpose is.
- Added status lights at the bottom of the interface to indicate the status
of the oven, if it's ready, warming up or if it's not cooking/heating food.